Recovering files with shadow copies window of any version is a major step towards the users. It has some built in protection against the loss of files which are important to you. The shadow copy feature is a technology which has been included in the latest windows OS and can take background backups of the condition on the OS and of the files. Shadow copy technology appeared on windows server 2003 on the first time before appearing in the other versions.
Shadow explorer allows you to brows the shadow created by the windows vista. This is thought to be used by the users of the home editions who do not have an access to the shadow copies by default. From time to time, windows Vista, and windows 7 and 8 have created copies of your files on a point in time. This can allow retrieval of the old versions from the files you had deleted accidentally. The features of shadow explorer include; showing of the available copies in a point in time and it can retrieve versions of files and also folders.
Steps on how to enable the shadow copy feature
- On the control panel double click on the open system. To be able to view all the panel items, set the view by option to be on the small case.
- Choose the system protection which is situated at the left side.
- At the system protection tab, choose the hard drive in which you want to enable the shadow copies and then click configure.
- Click the restore system settings and previous versions of the files and finish.
- How to recover files by shadow explorer
- In recovering the files with the shadow explorer, you need to launch the shadow explorer by right clicking on the start menu. Choose run as administrator.
- Click on the last shadow and make sure to get the right partition.
- Since most of the files are kept in the user folder, you need to double click the C and choose users from the left plan.
- In the right plane, double click the folder that contain your name and find all the folders.
- Right click on the folder you want to recover and export it to wherever you wish. You can now save your files.